Above: Daniels on the move against Blaydon. The 22-year-old has flourished since being promoted from the academy three years ago, and has recently made the move across London to Ealing Trailfinders. (Image: Leo Wilkinson)
The Rugby Paper published its National One ‘Team of the Year’ on Sunday, with outstanding Esher full-back Luke Daniels included in the No.15 jersey.
Since breaking into the senior side just under three years ago, Daniels has got better and better and the young South African’s performances last season were duly recognised, seeing him included in a potent-looking back line.
League winners Doncaster Knights provide three men, as do runners-up Rosslyn Park. Coventry are represented by Cliffie Hodgson and Will Hurrell, whilst Fylde, Richmond, Blackheath, Worthing Raiders, Loughborough Students and Wharfedale all have important men in their set-ups included in a strong XV.
The side is selected on recommendations by the panel of correspondent’s the paper employees to cover level three rugby.
The Rugby Paper’s National League One ‘Team of the Year', 2013-2014:
1. Aaron LIFFCHAK (Rosslyn Park)
2. Adam BELLAMY (Rosslyn Park)
3. Adam LEWIS (Fylde)
4. Matt CHALLINOR (Doncaster Knights)
5. Will WARDEN (Richmond)
6. Sam SHIRES (Rosslyn Park)
7. Dave ALLEN (Blackheath)
8. Liam PERKINS (Worthing Raiders)
9. Henry TAYLOR (Loughborough Students)
10. Tom BARRETT (Wharfedale)
11. Tyson LEWIS (Doncaster Knights)
12. Cliffie HODGSON (Coventry)
13. Mat CLARK (Doncaster Knights)
14. Will HURRELL (Coventry)
15. Luke DANIELS (Esher Rugby)